Problem compiling lsof

Arthur Barlow arthurbarlow at gmail.com
Tue May 25 18:17:40 UTC 2010

Message: 29
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 22:14:52 -0700
From: Charlie Kester <corky1951 at comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Problem compiling lsof
To: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org

On Mon 24 May 2010 at 21:55:01 PDT Charlie Kester wrote:

>The Configure script grep's for vm_memattr_t in
>${LSOF_INCLUDE}/sys/conf.h and sets HAS_VM_MEMATTR_T if the grep
>succeeds. The build failure tells us that your /usr/src/sys/conf.h uses
>vm_memattr_t, so it seems the Configure is testing some other copy of
>conf.h -- because LSOF_INCLUDE is set to something other than /usr/src?

Oops, some typos here. /usr/src should be /usr/src/sys throughout, and
conf.h is in /usr/src/sys/sys.

Makes no difference to the line of thought, however.

If grep vm_memattr_t /usr/include/sys/conf.h comes back empty, we need
to look at how you built your system.

Charlie,

I did this and sure enough "vm_memattr_t" is defined as a parameter in a
typedef as follows:

typedef int d_mmap2_t (struc cdev *dev, vm_offset_t offset, vm_paddr_t
*paddr, int nprot, vm_memattr_t *memattr);