bindtextdomain

Jeff Molofee nehe at telus.net
Sun May 16 18:13:43 UTC 2010

Sorry guys, didn't notice if this has come up yet... did a big
portupgrade (-af) and now I'm having issues with quite a few programs
failing to run.

In time tracker I always get:

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute '*bindtextdomain*'

A few of the built in games... like chess and sudoku:

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/glchess/defaults.py",
line 46, in <module>
     locale.bind_textdomain_codeset(DOMAIN, "UTF-8") # See Bug 608425
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute '*bind_textdomain_codeset*'

I was also wondering if someone could explain packagekit... I read that
it's a work in progress... but every time I boot I see two updates show
up... I then try to upgrade using the upgrade now button, and receive a
few errors.  The first error states that packages for these items can
not be found, the second error stats that upgrade-packages can not be
found (sorry, going from memory), but basically it can't find the actual
program or script required to do the upgrade.  Is Packagekit broken at
the moment or am I missing something?