Addition to BSDstats

Chris Hill chris at monochrome.org
Thu May 6 00:15:55 UTC 2010

On Tue, 4 May 2010, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> On Tue, 4 May 2010, Gary Kline wrote:

>>> Not dead, still very active with reports in daily ...
>>>
>> 	i see a golden opportunity here, marc.  why not post the
>> 	basic onlist now?  i've been signed up for a long while and
>> 	have never checked ... be nice to see the latest stats.
>
> Stats are updated real time ... just go to http://www.bsdstats.org ...
>
> The only stats that aren't working right now are the ports ones, not
> sure why we disabled that one, but suspect alot of it is size / load
> time related ... the database is *huge* for that ... I'm going to have
> to look into that one ...

Since we're on the topic, and in light of Fbsd1's recent adventure...
Panama seems awfully high in the country stats. I understand what you said
upthread about haproxy being in Panama, but it's a small country to be
always at the top; maybe there's some way to differentiate between "really
in Panama" and "don't know"? It also seems odd that I, personally, as a
home user, should be responsible for about 3% of the bsdstats-reporting
FreeBSD machines in the US. (3 hosts out of 101)

Just wondering.

Chris Hill               chris at monochrome.org
**                     [ Busy Expunging <|> ]