Addition to BSDstats

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Wed May 5 00:28:54 UTC 2010

The backend to bsdstats.org is load balanced behind an haproxy backend,
with only the IP of haproxy being passed back into it ... one of the key
issues that was brought up from day one was security and anonymity(sp?) of
those submitting, and we've taken that *very* seriously ... other then the
tokens that are passed back to present individual systems, we do not
record anything (or see anything) about the reporting servers ...

On Tue, 4 May 2010, Steve Bertrand wrote:

> Marc, et-al,
>
> I wasn't originally going to post this to the list, but I thought that
> it would be useful to do so in order to try to solicit feedback.
>
> There's a suggestion that I have for the server-side of bsdstats. I
> would find it very useful if the server could track the % of the
> reporting connections that come in over IPv6, and include that on the
> website front page.
>
> Of course, this would require that rpt.bsdstats.org reside on a reliable
> IPv6 network, and code changes to the server-side software. (if the code
> is Perl, I'll gladly take a look at it ;)
>
> I'm not interested in the actual addresses of the sending hosts, just
> whether the address contains a '.' or ':'.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Steve

----
Marc G. Fournier                        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scrappy at hub.org                                     http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy    Skype: hub.org    ICQ:7615664    MSN:scrappy at hub.org