popd to send Mail to a Mac

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Thu Mar 25 20:53:02 UTC 2010

	I like to receive mail on a FreeBSD system and want to
continue to do so but occasionally, I have a message that needs
to be forwarded to a Macintosh in my office. It turns out that
Mac's do not do normal smtp mail like sendmail but one of the
options is pop.

	I installed popd on the FreeBSD server and want to be
able to feed messages meant for the Mac to popd at which point,
I should be able to retrieve them on that mac.

	The normal scenario is:

Mail comes in and I read it. One message has a 20-mile-long url
to a javascrypt-infested web site that lynx can't handle. I
should forward this message to the Mac and there, I can use
safari  to handle that message.

	Those are the only messages that will need to go through
popd so I need a simple way to feed them in so the Mac can get
them out.

Thanks.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer