Spamassasin, sendmail, Postfix

Jorge Biquez jbiquez at icsmx.com
Mon Mar 22 01:24:46 UTC 2010

Hello.

CPANEL is an interface , graphical, pro administering services
(jailed usually) in servers. That way users can do almost anything
with is virtual server. It is kind of popular and for what I have used is good.

You open another question I was going to ask in the list. If all of
you guys can comment the use of Freebsd in Graphical or text mode. In
my case I have to confess that I do not know any GUI under Freebsd I
have never installed one since version 2 since all the services I
have used I guess do not need the GUI. With my latest installatio I
was thinking on playing with X Windows but I decided for later.

For general use what do you do?
I know some of you use only or mainly FreeBSD. Always in text. I have
done it for a while, I am not an expert like you at all but a few
days could do my job only on text console.
Now I am planing to return to my basics, developing and I am
constructing a small machine for that . I will be doing simple thing,
PHP, Python, Mysql and that's all. Still thinking what's more
convenient if under text or GUI. (remember the good old days under
HP300, fortran cobol, clipper, etc etc?) I am deciding for a good
text editor (suggestions?) and maybe for testing will use and old PC
with any flavor of Windows with any browser will be enoiough)

Can some of you give me your comments and advice?

Thanks Olivier and all for your time.

Jorge Biquez