Updating ports was Flash viewer for FBSD

Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com
Sun Mar 7 14:31:13 UTC 2010

Polytropon writes:

>  > I am now thinking which one is better.
>
>  I have used portupgrade / portinstall in the past, but I think
>  portmaster really is the way to go, at least for me,

	As far as I can tell, for 90-95% of tasks they're
indistinguishable.  If (generic) you have special needs - ugdating a
large user base, extensive local patches, or a non-standard set of
dependencies - then you're going to have to do the research and test
them for yourself.
	And instructions for using portmaster are increasingly common
in /usr/ports/UPDATING.

					Robert Huff