Flash viewer for FBSD

Pongthep Kulkrisada ptkrisada at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 17:11:53 UTC 2010

* C. P. Ghost (cpghost at cordula.ws) wrote:
> If you csup, you update only /usr/src (or /usr/ports). Have you actually
> updated the system and the ports as well?
% uname -a
FreeBSD bsdhost.localdomain 8.0-STABLE FreeBSD 8.0-STABLE #0: Tue Dec  1 19:12:37 ICT 2009     root at bsdhost.localdomain:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

But port tree is very large. I only update the followings.
ports-base
ports-archivers
ports-audio
ports-devel
ports-dns
ports-editors
ports-emulators
ports-ftp
ports-graphics
ports-lang
ports-mail
ports-misc
ports-net
ports-security
ports-sysutils
ports-www
I reinstall only some ports, which I considerd important.

> It should. But what can we do if Adobe doesn't even acknowledge our
> existence and refuses to provide a FreeBSD version of their Flash
> player?
Sad...

> Sure, Linux has a bigger market share, so they get enough love from
> Adobe... though I understand that Flash support for Linux/x86-64 isn't
> all that good either (?).
They will tend to FreeBSD some day, much better.
IMHO, the best OS is FreeBSD. The best OS with GUI is OS-X.
Both are BSDs.

> As said, if all else breaks, try running OpenSolaris (or a Linux distro)
> as a guest OS inside VirtualBox. This way, you have the best of both
> worlds.
I don't want to. Even now I have 2 OSes installed, I still hate it.
In fact, 90% I boot of FreeBSD (at home).

Thanks,
Pongthep