Automated kernel crash reporting system

Dan Naumov dan.naumov at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 15:46:05 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 1:19 PM, Robert Watson <rwatson at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Mar 2010, sean connolly wrote:
>
>> Automatic reporting would end up being a mess given that panics can be
>> caused by hardware problems. Having an autoreport check if memtest was run
>> before it reports, or having it only run with -CURRENTmight be useful.

I too, disagree with this. Surely most attention would be given to the
most often recurring problems across varied hardware. If a new
-RELEASE is tagged and suddenly there is an influx of very similar
automated crash reports across a wide selection of hardware, some
conclusions can be reached.

- Sincerely,
Dan Naumov