carp ghosts

Alex Huth a.huth at tmr.net
Mon Mar 1 17:21:05 UTC 2010

Hi!

We have two Frontendserver with carpinterfaces. Now we need more of the
carpinterfaces. When i use /etc/netstart to bring them online, there are
error messages about misconfigured carpinterfaces. When i look with
ifconfig to the list of interfaces, there are four "ghost"
carpinterfaces. I haven't set them in the rc.conf and the errors came
frome them.
This interfaces are the following from the list of "real"
carpinterfaces. Where could i have made a mistake or is it a bad idea
using netstart with carpinterfaces?

thanks in advance

Alex