which /etc/src.conf options prevent moused rebuilding?

Dan Nelson dnelson at allantgroup.com
Wed Jun 23 14:47:30 UTC 2010

In the last episode (Jun 23), Anton Shterenlikht said:
> I've an old slow i386 running -current r209398
>
> Because it's slow I don't build everything. Here's my
> /etc/src.conf:

[...]
> WITHOUT_LEGACY_CONSOLE=
[...]
> followed by the standard update procedure
>
> # make buildworld
> # make buildkernel
> # make installkernel
> # reboot (single user)
> # make installworld
> # mergemaster
> # make delete-old
> # make delete-old-libs
>
> I was left with old moused:
>
> # moused
> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libutil.so.8" not found, required by "moused"
> #

>From /usr/src/usr.sbin/Makefile :

# XXX MK_SYSCONS
# XXX is moused w/ usb useful?
.if ${MK_LEGACY_CONSOLE} != "no"
_kbdcontrol=    kbdcontrol
_kbdmap=        kbdmap
_moused=        moused
_vidcontrol=    vidcontrol
.endif

Setting WITHOUT_LEGACY_CONSOLE= sets MK_LEGACY_CONSOLE=no, which disables
moused.  It should probably be removed and built unconditionally, since yes,
moused is useful with usb :)

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson at allantgroup.com