Xorg fails to start after upgrading to 8 stable

Jerry freebsd.user at seibercom.net
Fri Jun 18 14:48:45 UTC 2010

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 08:20:42 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Xihong Yin <xyin at gmx.com> articulated:

> Now I upgraded all the ports using both 'portupgrade -af' and
> 'portmanager -u'. Some ports failed upgrading though. How do I
> reinstall Xorg? Can I delete it and re-install?

Please don't "top post". If you don't know what that means, Google for
it.

What ports did not update (fail)? Did you read the UPDATING file to
insure that there are no some intermediate steps that you should have
taken first? Also, if using "portmanager", you would be better served
using:

	portmanager -u -l -p

It would properly update dependencies and create a log that you could
view. Of course, always start with a fresh update of your ports tree. I
usually start by deleting everything in the "/usr/ports/distfiles"
directory.

--
Jerry ✌
FreeBSD.user at seibercom.net