mountroot error with memory based rootfs

akash kumar akashb503 at yahoo.co.in
Fri Jun 18 05:05:03 UTC 2010

Hi,

The root file system was built commenting out compact flash and enabling md0 as below in the config file for my target arch.

#device                 cf
#options        ROOTDEVNAME=\"ufs:cf0s1\"

# Use the following for RFS in mem-device
options         MD_ROOT
options         ROOTDEVNAME = \"ufs:md0\"
options         MD_ROOT_SIZE = 7264

After the kernel was built and installed using 'make buildkernel KERNCONF="configfile" and make installkernel commands.
Please let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks,
Bhanu Prakash.