Lpr 'queue full" error<SOLVED>

Al Plant noc at hdk5.net
Mon Jun 14 18:03:57 UTC 2010

Al Plant wrote:
> Aloha,
>
> I have a network HP Laserjet 1100 printer that has been running with out
> failure since 2004 on my office lan using aps2 filter on a FreeBSD 4.9
> Lpr print server. It became intermittent recently in that it prints
> files from the command line only. The gui's on the three desktop boxes
> on the lan (all FreeBSD 8 & 9) no longer print.
>
> The error is "queue is full" when print job is sent from a gui. It works
> fine from the command line. Could the aps2 filter have failed?
>
> Any suggestions as to what to look for appreciated. Search only showed
> similar questions no answers.
>
> Thanks,

Aloha,

Problem solved:

For the record.

I found a lpc command in "FreeBSD Unleashed."
LPR trouble shooting section.

lpc> clean all

This command used on the client hosts and the server removed a lot of
cruft left by the printing processes.

It appears to print  as it should after this command.

   + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org +
   + http://aloha50.net   - Supporting - FreeBSD  7.2 - 8.0 - 9* +
   < email: noc at hdk5.net >