resize freebsd slice

Giorgos Tsiapaliokas terietor at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 14:28:51 UTC 2010

YES i have read what everyone said and yes i gave the L command when i
dumped the / but i didn't mounted / as read-only when i made the dump file.

Did you make a full or incremental dump?

i don't know what u mean but i gave the command:"dump -0Lauf
/mnt/hd/FBSD/root.dump /".

the output of the command ls -laF is:

total 1
> drwxr-xr-x 2 root  0 512 Nov 21 2009 ./
> drwxr-xr-x 14 root  0 512 Jun 12 16:51 ../

i have to start the installiation from the begginging right?
the two slices have been merged,my previous system has been erased and my
dump files are corrupted.