Question on packages and ports (and versions)

Antonio Vieiro antonio at antonioshome.net
Fri Jun 11 06:23:48 UTC 2010

Hi,

Ah, I see.

So if I need a more advanced version of some software, that has been
installed as a package, I can use portupgrade (or other port
management tools) to upgrade the package to a port. Am I right?

Thanks,
Antonio

(As a newbie I'm somewhat concerned about keeping consistency between
package and port versions, but I suppose this is handled by port
management tools automagically)