Java plugin with Firefox 3.6

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Mon Jun 7 15:13:54 UTC 2010

In freebsd-questions Digest, Vol 314, Issue 1, Message: 33
On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 06:08:24 -0400 Jerry <freebsd.user at seibercom.net> wrote:
 > On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 07:50:04 +0200
 > Harry Matthiesen Jensen <freebsd at elgert.dk> articulated:
 >

 > > On Mon, Jun 07, 2010 at 12:20:08AM +0000, Márcio C.G. wrote:
 > > >
 > > > As this link (http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=10570)
 > > > says, JAVA PLUGIN WONT WORK WITH FIREFOX 3.6. I tried to use
 > > > linux-sun-jdk16 port, but the plugin didn t work too. Is there an
 > > > workaround or anybody that knows how-to use java plugin within
 > > > firefox 3.6?
 > > >

 > > I just "portinstall firefox3", which right now will give you Firefox
 > > 3.5.9, and java works ;-)
 >
 > The OP requested help with Firefox-3.6, not with older deprecated
 > versions. Perhaps when version '4' is released, support for Java in
 > '3.6.x' will become available.

Dear Jerry,

as CEO of FreeBSD Multinational Corporation Incorporated, please allow
me to personally apologise for this unforgiveable lapse by our 'Keep
FreeBSD 100% Firefox-Compatible' Department; trust me, heads will roll.

Unfortunately, I'm so high up in the hierarchy that I'm rarely familiar
with the names of those minions down on the 13th floor hired to do the
actual programming.  It would be most helpful if you could apportion
blame directly to those individual/s responsible; otherwise I'll have to
work through layers of department heads, middle management, team leaders
and such, and you know how they can close ranks in a crisis.  It may
take some time, but rest assured we'll catch and fire him, her or them!

Thank you for your patience during our investigation of your complaint.
If still dissatisfied, of course I shall personally authorise the full
refund of your purchase price.

Best of luck, Ian
(CEO FMCI, SENSAUMA, and bar)

  If you have received this message by mistake, it must be my mistake
  for sending it to the wrong address; silly me eh?  Common law holds
  that any communication I send you is, failing prior confidentiality
  agreements by you, yours to communicate to whomever you wish.  This
  message is in plain text so cannot contain any virus, worm or clue,
  except that language itself is a virus, so a clue to cans of worms.
  No guarantees can be given of any of it making the slightest sense.
  Any conclusions you jump to are yours to keep.  No change is given.
  Long, officious disclaimers make me appear important, if officious.
  Caveat Bloggor!  Life is risky and not nohow permanent anyway <&^}=