Atheros AR8131 Ethernet hangs shutdown

CyberLeo Kitsana cyberleo at cyberleo.net
Mon Jun 7 07:20:47 UTC 2010

Hi!

I recently had the chance to play with a Foxconn NetBox-nT330i. It's
based off an Atom 330 CPU and an nForce MCP79 chipset. All aspects of
this device appear to function quite well with 8.1-BETA1, and it's
diminutive stature is quite cute.

The only issue I have encountered with it thus far is a seeming
propensity for it to lock up on shutdown or reboot if the Atheros AR8131
ethernet adapter is not connected to anything. It gets as far as
displaying the 'Uptime' line, then hangs; however, when connected, it
will display the uptime message, then indicate that the alc0 interface
is going UP and DOWN, then continue.

What sort of information would be the most helpful to collect to assist
in tracking down the cause of this behaviour? If there is a better
mailing list with which to consult, that too would be helpful.

Thank you.

--
Fuzzy love,
-CyberLeo