sudo -K/-k ineffective

Chris Rees utisoft at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 07:07:17 UTC 2010

... I'm no longer going to answer questions past 11 o'clock GMT. Sorry!

Chris

--------

Sorry for top-posting, Android won't let me quote, but K-9 can't yet do
threading.

On 31 Jul 2010 03:05, "Michael Toth" <freebsd.mtoth at queldor.net> wrote:

On 07/30/2010 06:00 PM, Chris Rees wrote:

> It's by design. There's a timeout that you can set, ...
Chris,

That is not by design.

sudo -K should remove the timestamp

--

sudo

      -K          The -K (sure kill) option is like -k except that it
removes
                  the user's time stamp entirely and may not be used in
                  conjunction with a command or other option.  This option
                  does not require a password.

--
Gurpreet,
 I am not sure if this is a known bug, I was not able to duplicate this on