8.1-RELEASE ia64

Samuel Martín Moro faust64 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 14:08:07 UTC 2010

Hi

I would like to install FreeBSD-8.1 ia64, so I downloaded
FreeBSD-8.1-RELEASE-ia64-disc1.iso.

When I boot from a burnt CD, the screen keeps black, with the
blinkingunderscore,
nothing else happend.
When I make an USB bootable stick, I've got a message saying that
/boot/loader was not found.

Having a look into /boot, I noticed that indeed, there's no loader anymore.
But there a loader.efi, which wasn't in FreeBSD-7.2-RELEASE (the last I
tried).
I tried copying loader.efi to loader, but as expected, it says me 'invalid
format' and still does not want to boot...

What happened to loader?
Did I download the wrong iso?
Did I miss something?

Also, why other archs have their -memstick.img, and ia64 have not?

Thanks,

Samuel Martín Moro
{EPITECH.} tek4
CamTrace S.A.S