BSD logo

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Sun Jul 25 21:42:26 UTC 2010

On 25/07/2010 19:23:59, Charlie Kester wrote:
> My thanks to those few who did NOT take it as an occasion for
> Christian-bashing.  I'm not a Christian either, but I do get tired of it
> being the only religion people feel entitled to poke fun at.

As far as I know, Christians are the only religious group certain
members of which have seen fit to complain about the FreeBSD logo.

As far as I'm concerned, any person making such a superstitious and
nonsensical statement opens themselves up to a spot of well deserved
ridicule.  Regardless of what their faith is.  Fortunately, most
practitioners of most faiths nowadays seem to have abandoned
superstition and adopted reason.

Besides, I suspect that the OP was not in fact genuinely offended but
merely trying to stir up trouble, given that the message was sent using
mPOP Web-Mail[*]; a well-known spamming tool, and while the message
appears to be from a Russian mail service, it actually originated from
somewhere in Canada.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

[*] SpamAssassin slam-dunked it into the junk folder.  If no one had
answered, I'd never even have noticed it.

                                                  Flat 3