ipnat.conf - map and rdr won't work!

alexus alexus at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 19:41:15 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Erik Norgaard <norgaard at locolomo.org> wrote:
> On 23/07/10 18.58, alexus wrote:
>
>> i just did jail on public ip where i dont need to use ipnat, so
>> obviously that works fine no problem
>> not really what i wanted though but as a temporary fix its fine...
>
> With all respect, I think you should start liking this solution, because for
> all I understand, this is the right solution.
>
> If external access to the jail was otherwise through rdr, there is really no
> benefit at all, securitywise or otherwise. But allowing the jail to bind
> directly on the ip that external clients connect to you get simplicity and
> ease of configuration.
>
> BR, Erik

true, i agree
and i do like this solution better, but that solution wont allow me to expand
let me explain what i mean by that

let's take for example i'm running more then one jail... while i can
bind all of them to same public IP address i'm going have to deal with
running for example same sshd on different ports, yet before i'd just
use rdr rule to route it appropriately. i guess its not really a big
deal but still

while we found very nice work around i still somehow would like to
know what happened, why ipnat stop working all the sudden..

i'd like to say thank you to you and anyone else who was involved in
this discussion

--
http://alexus.org/