ipnat.conf - map and rdr won't work!

Erik Norgaard norgaard at locolomo.org
Fri Jul 23 18:43:40 UTC 2010

On 23/07/10 18.58, alexus wrote:

> i just did jail on public ip where i dont need to use ipnat, so
> obviously that works fine no problem
> not really what i wanted though but as a temporary fix its fine...

With all respect, I think you should start liking this solution, because
for all I understand, this is the right solution.

If external access to the jail was otherwise through rdr, there is
really no benefit at all, securitywise or otherwise. But allowing the
jail to bind directly on the ip that external clients connect to you get
simplicity and ease of configuration.

BR, Erik