ipnat.conf - map and rdr won't work!

alexus alexus at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 18:10:47 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Erik Norgaard <norgaard at locolomo.org> wrote:
> On 20/07/10 18.37, alexus wrote:
>
>>> You are running 2 different firewalls at the same time.
>>> comment out
>>> firewall_enable="YES"
>>> firewall_type="open"
>>>
>>> and reboot your system.
>>
>> do you know that for a fact or you just guessing??
>>
>> because first of all it worked before just fine with 2 firewalls
>> second i disabled firewall, so firewall is no longer an issue
>> third i have another system just like that that runs 2 firewall and
>> everything working just fine!
>>
>> if you dont know the answer there is no need to throw just any answer
>> as its pretty clear that this isn't the right answer
>
> Regardless of your previous experience, it is a bad idea to have two
> different firewalls configured and enabled at the same time. It provides no
> additional security and makes debugging a mess.

that's why i disabled ipfw for now, as it's only used for traffic shapping
and ipfilter used for filtering and it's part of ipnat.

> Have you considered the possibility of both ipfw and ipfilter doing both
> filtering and nat?

not according to ipfw show, it's as open as it gets.

su-3.2# ipfw show
00100  2894   283660 allow ip from any to any via lo0
00200     0        0 deny ip from any to 127.0.0.0/8
00300     0        0 deny ip from 127.0.0.0/8 to any
65000 56006 24726087 allow ip from any to any
65535     0        0 deny ip from any to any
su-3.2#

> Another thing, I think I've mentioned before, you may have to reload
> firewall/nat rules after the jail starts.

i tried that but that didn't really solve anything

http://alexus.org/