Help with setting up a mail server

Aryeh M. Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 13:26:30 UTC 2010

I am a consultant and was retained by my client to setup qmail or exim
on a VPS running 8.0-STABLE (i386). After setting up the DNS (A record
and MX record) we have been unable to send or receive mail. The client
has/had a working script for installing qmail on 7.1-STABLE but it
seems to not work on 8.0-STABLE. They are using the same VPS provider
who this 7.1-STABLE install script worked under. I have tried
everything I can think of to make it work including asking obvious
questions on -questions at .

I informed the client that the task is likely beyond me capabilities
but I would help recruit someone who would be able to do it at a
reasonable fee paid to them (I am acting as a no cost middle man on
this [I am helping the client for free since I was unable to get it
done]).

Please send any ideas and/or offers to do the job