Emacs splash screen went to textmode only

Olivier Nicole Olivier.Nicole at cs.ait.ac.th
Tue Jul 20 01:40:36 UTC 2010

Hi,

> 4) Another instance of Emacs on my desktop, this time running in a
> terminal. The startup screen is yet another one.

In this one, I clearly recognize emacs being run inside an ascii
terminal. Ascii terminal do not have graphic possibility (nor mousse)
so it is only normal that there is no graphic splash screen.

If it is the same version of emacs that you run on the instances 2 and
3, I would look for a X issue. Do you have an environment variable set
in the xterm? In that xterm, can you launch another xterm?

Olivier