system hangs on; "Probing devices, please wait (this can take a while)... "

Rich rl001 at pacbell.net
Mon Jul 19 22:38:22 UTC 2010

Ok well at least that's good to know. So I disconnected my hard drives and now
it boots up further on the CD only but obviously I can't install it with no hard
drives. Why does it hang on my drives and what can I do about it? They are just
regular Seagate SATA drives. I have windows 7 installed on the first partition
and trying to dual-boot FreeBSD on a second partition (well actually the third
since win 7 needs two).

AMD Phenom 9500  Quad-Core 2.20 GHz
2G RAM

Drives: