Can anyone Reproduce this Gstreamer-plugins compile error?

Chris Maness chris at chrismaness.com
Tue Jul 13 23:28:47 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 4:16 PM, Koop Mast <kwm at rainbow-runner.nl> wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-07-13 at 14:52 -0700, Chris Maness wrote:
>> `/usr/ports/multimedia/gstreamer-plugins/work/gst-plugins-base-0.10.29/sys/ximage'
>>   CC     libgstximagesink_la-ximagesink.lo
>> In file included from ximagesink.c:111:
>> ximagesink.h:35:33: error: X11/extensions/XShm.h: No such file or
>> directory
>> In file included from ximagesink.c:111:
>> ximagesink.h:150: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before
>> 'XShmSegmentInfo'
>> ximagesink.c: In function 'gst_ximage_buffer_finalize':
>
> Seems some files from x11/libXext went missing, try to reinstall that
> and check gstreamer-plugins again.
>
> -Koop

I am currently rebuilding all up and downstream depends on X11lib, and
I think libXext is included.  I was also not able to rebuild
ImageMagic, hopefully it is the same issue.  The ultimate goal for me
is virtualbox-ose, but man my ports are old and crusty and giving me a
fit when I go to install things that have more complex depends even
though I have portupgraded all ports, invariably enough fail to give
me problems later on.  I am tempted to rip all the ports out and
install again, but this is a production web and mail server for my
personal business and my Church's site.

Thanks,
Chris Maness