i386 wine on amd64 - DRI a lost cause?

David Naylor naylor.b.david at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 07:05:00 UTC 2010

On Friday 02 July 2010 01:35:05 xorquewasp at googlemail.com wrote:
> On 2010-07-01 22:16:26, David Naylor wrote:
> > Have you tried the packages from http://people.freebsd.org/~ivoras/wine/
> >
> > They worked for me with nvidia and intel.
>
> Thanks, but as I mentioned in the hackers@ thread (and possibly this one),
> it's actually DRI that's the problem. I can't even run 32-bit glxinfo
> reliably in the chroot. libGL often receives EFAULT when doing various
> ioctls on /dev/dri/card0 and sometimes crashes outright.

That is interesting as I am able to play Warcraft 3 on an intel laptop.  I
don't think it is using software rendering.  Wine runs without crashing and
does require libGL to launch the game.

I have also played Command and Conquer 3 on nvidia (but the proprietry nvidia
driver does not use dri).

Good luck