Swap Partition First?

Bob Johnson fbsdlists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 22:10:47 UTC 2010

The only thing that looks out of place is that you have defined
ad0s1-2 before ad0s1-1. I've never tested it, but perhaps this is
causing it to get confused when calculating the disk layout? In other
words, perhaps you should use

#1G swap followed by / on rest of disk.
 #
 ad0s1-1=swap 2097152
 #All the rest is FreeBSD with soft updates.
 ad0s1-2=ufs 0 / 1

so they are defined in numerical sequence.