cgiwrap

DAve dave.list at pixelhammer.com
Thu Jan 21 19:46:10 UTC 2010

DAve wrote:
> Polytropon wrote:
>> On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 12:26:58 -0500, DAve <dave.list at pixelhammer.com> wrote:
>>> Anyone using cgiwrap?
>> No, so I may just give a quite generic advice, erm, guess. :-)
>>
>>> I am unable to get it to work. It continues to
>>> claim it is not set uid root, but it is.
>>>
>>> -rwsr-xr-x   2 root    nogroup   92396 Jan 21 11:33 cgiwrap
>>                          ^^^^^^^
>> Is "nogroup" intended? Check
>
> Yes, my apache runs as nobody:nogroup on this server. I had changed it
> to root:bin as it was set with sbox, and left it as root:root (as set by
> the makefile), no difference.
>
>> 	% ls -lno cgiwrap
>
> -rwsr-xr-x  2 0  65533  - 92396 Jan 21 11:33 cgiwrap
>
>> for anything untypical for a SUID executable.
>>
>> Furthermore, it would be helpful to know the full error
>> message (if any).
>
> Sure, "The cgiwrap executable(s) were not made setuid-root. This is
> required for it to function properly. (SetUID root is needed in order to
> change the uid to that of the script owner. This is an installation
> error please make the executable setuid root, or use the 'make install'
> method of installing the executables. "
>
> Which I tried second. First I used the port cgiwrap with the above
> result, then I built it myself and got the same error.
>
> Stumped...
>
> DAve

/dev/da1s1d on /data (ufs, local, nosuid, soft-updates)

Duh! I did that on purpose when the server was built too. Thanks to Karl
for pointing out the obvious to me. My mind is elsewhere today, it is
our 24th wedding anniversary.

DAve

--
"Posterity, you will know how much it cost the present generation to
preserve your freedom.  I hope you will make good use of it.  If you

http://appleseedinfo.org