Server set up

Rolf Nielsen listreader at lazlarlyricon.com
Sat Jan 16 02:12:49 UTC 2010

On 2010-01-16 02:42, Sam Fourman Jr. wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 4:37 PM,<davidoweir3 at yahoo.co.uk>  wrote:
>>
>> I will be deleting the Window's stuff on the machine
>>
>> How would i SSH to the Linux pc and what software should i install
>
> one of the first things you should understand is FreeBSD is Not Linux

Many believe FreeBSD is Unix (and many would say that it really is, in
all respects but its name, however that isn't the issue here). Moreover,
I've got the impression lots of people truly believe Linux is just
another name for Unix. And I do know for a fact that there are people
who even believe Unix is another name for Linux.

With such ideas, I guess it's easy to assume FreeBSD is just another
Linux distro. Isn't it time we try to correct this? I try to do my part
in that respect, by explaining to anyone who says, "Oh, you're running
Linux?" that there is a difference. And that the difference matters. It
may not matter to them. But it does matter to me. And I think it matters
to most FreeBSD users. And I also believe it actually matters to Linux
users, at least the more serious ones.