How to overwrite openssl base with the one from ports?

Andrei Brezan andrei693 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 08:31:50 UTC 2010

Hello list,

I seem to have some problems overwriting openssl base. I have tried
building security/openssl with OPENSSL_OVERWRITE_BASE=YES but to no success.

After i run:
make OPENSSL_OVERWRITE_BASE=YES install clean
i get the port installed in /usr/local/bin and lib ok, but i'm left with
openssl in /usr/bin and lib too. Do i have to make
buildworld/installworld with NO_OPENSSL in /etc/make.conf in order not
to have openssl from base and then install it from port ?