copying a disk with ignoring errors

Christoph Kukulies kuku at kukulies.org
Tue Jan 12 09:12:15 UTC 2010

Allow me to continue this thread with a question about a method to erase
a disk that has bad sectors.
I bought a 1TB hard disk and will do the recoverdisk job soon. Then the
disk, a Seagate which is still under warranty
until 2013 as my local distributor told me, will go back and hopefully
I'll be getting a replacement in a few weeks.

But before I'll giv back that disk I would like to erase the disk
thoroughly.

Now, is the a way to do that in the opposite direction? Would

dd noerror

do that?