Setup FTP service on FreeBSD 2.0.5?

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at msu.edu
Wed Jan 6 15:40:23 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 06, 2010 at 06:20:53PM +0800, Paul Shi wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am trying to find a way to setup a wireless network with a FreeBSD server
> machine running FTP service. The release of FreeBSD I intend to use is 2.0.5
> but I could not find anything on how to setup FTP service on FreeBSD 2.0.5
> in handbook. There are only howto on PPP and SLIP. Does anyone have a
> handbook on how to enable FTP service on FreeBSD 2.0.5? Millions thanks!

The FreeBSD Handbook has information on using FTP.

I haven't followed your whole thread, but is there a good reason
you want to use such an old version of FreeBSD?   You would be
very seriously better off installing the latest version -- especially
if you plan to use the system on the internet.  There have been many
many security fixes since 2.0.5 was around.     It should not be
difficult to have access to the latest version in Hong Kong.
There may even be a mirror site there.

////jerry