samba3.x - 3.0 won't compile, 3.2 and 3.3 can't be installed

Ewald Jenisch a at jenisch.at
Mon Jan 4 16:53:44 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 11:22:08AM -0500, Lowell Gilbert wrote:

> Do you need mapi?  You can build gnome without it.  Otherwise, you'll
> need to install 3.x to a non-standard prefix, or use 4.0.

Hi,

Thanks much for the hints. In the meantime I was (almost) settled with
going for 4.0alpha, but today I gave it another shot: cvsup-ed my
ports-tree again, and was able to compile and install samba 3.3. Seems
like over the holidays some of the dependencies have been changed wrt
samba 3.3 - at least it doesn't complain about cross dependencies any
more. :-)

Thanks again for the tip wrt building gnome without mapi support!

-ewald