Boot from FD and DR-DOS prompt comes up while installing FreeBSD?

Paul Shi shihang at hkusua.hku.hk
Sat Jan 2 10:30:00 UTC 2010

Dear Everyone,

I am working my way t setup a FTP server on FreeBSD however I got stuck at
the very first stage - installation of FreeBSD 8.0.

I downloaded FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE-i386-dvd1.iso from FreeBSD.org and burned
it with NERO to a DVD-RW disc. After that, I insert the DVD disc and boot
from CDROM as I have chose the CDROM to be first one in boot order. However,
system starts booting from FD, invokes some Caldera DR-DOS and goes to
command prompt [DR-DOS] A:\>

I am totally confused and cannot find any answer in FreeBSD handbook. I will
greatly appreciate your help if anyone of you has experience with this weird
problem. Thank you very much and Happy New Year!

Your sincerely,
Paul Shi
Electronic and Communication Engineering Senior
Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
University of Hong Kong