Advanced printing/layout tools

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Fri Jan 1 23:01:17 UTC 2010

On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 16:25:08 -0600, Doug Poland <doug at polands.org> wrote:
> Thanks for the info so far.  I have much to learn about LaTeX, that is
> certain.  To complicate matters, the output will be on US Letter,
> landscape, multi-column, multi-sided, booklet format.  No doubt LaTeX
> will handle the landscape, letter, and multi-column, [...]

No problems at all. Most stuff is done as \usepackage.
Even multi-column is supported, either via multicol
package (I think) or minipages.

> but I'm not sure
> about booklet, multi-sided.

Option [twoside], and for booklet, you can use programs like
psnup or mpage (I think those were their names) to re-order
the content of the resulting PS / PDF file.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany