Printing via USB Port

Bill Tillman btillman99 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 26 22:09:57 UTC 2010

Okay, I have the setup like you show and at least now the jobs show up in the queue, but nothing makes it to the printer. It's funny because I can change the one line in /etc/printcap to point to lpt0 instead of ulpt0 and it works. I have both parallel and USB cables connected in this test setup, but the server I want to move the printer back to only has USB.
Something else that seems odd, when I rebooted and started lpd from the command line there are two instances of it showing up in the ps -ax output. Shouldn't only one be running?
After reboot and restarting lpd, the job is in the queue but nothing is printing when using the USB connection. Sorry to be so much trouble. I thought this would be one of those things that would just start working.