iphone, freebsd, vpn

bsd bsd at todoo.biz
Sun Feb 14 16:06:06 UTC 2010

A good idea would be to use pfsense
It is an excellent firewall based on FreeBSD, freely available here http://www.pfsense.org/

Then you can choose whatever you want as a VPN solution… You would have an optimized kernel (for firewalling) a simple interface to do all related install.
A dedicated community with lots of network guru…

I would tend to use IPSec rather that L2TP or PPTP because It is more secure.
A good solution would also be OpenVPN (but surely not for the Iphone).

You would also find some pointers to configuration guide.

Good luck.

Le 7 févr. 2010 à 12:31, Dánielisz László a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking forward how to connect from my iphone to my FreeBSD server using VPN, do you have any suggestions?
> Should I use, L2TP, PPTP or IPSec? Do you have any experience with it?
>
> Some details: my iphone always gets a new ip address from my GSM provider when I connect to the internet, my FreeBSD server connects to the internet using PPPoE connection with static IP and I want to reach it through the internet.
>
> Thank you!
> László

Gregober ---> PGP ID --> 0x1BA3C2FD
bsd @at@ todoo.biz

P "Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail"