Detecting updates to ports not installed

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Fri Dec 31 13:51:58 UTC 2010

> Bingo!  Thanks, that's exactly what I needed.  Although it took a while
> to figure out how to do it.  Suggestion for Freshports:  add an "add to
> watch list" button on the page for each port.

This has been in place for some time.  From
http://www.freshports.org/faq.php :

http://www.freshports.org/images/watch-add.gif

"Add item to your default watch lists: This port is not on any of your
default watch lists. Click this icon to add the port to your default
watch lists. This icon appears only if you are logged in."

Granted, you don't see this icon if you are not logged in.  The system
could be altered so you see this icon regardless.  If clicked, and not
logged in, it could prompt you to login, or register.

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org/