AMD Athlon64 Mainboard - NOT SPAM: please check it out :)

Chris Whitehouse cwhiteh at onetel.com
Thu Dec 23 15:35:56 UTC 2010

On 12/23/10 13:57, Da Rock wrote:

> I've got wholesale contacts, but I was hoping to make use of this spare
> chip and RAM floating about. Diff would be around $100, so only kinda
> worth it.

It might be worth looking at Intel Atom processor boards or similar,
there are plenty of very low power boards around now. If you can find
something that suits you will recoup the cost of the new processor and
RAM with much reduced electricity consumption, I believe around 10 times
less.

There's been a few threads recently about low power boards. eg this thread
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=411819+0+/usr/local/www/db/text/2010/freebsd-questions/20101128.freebsd-questions

suggests this board

http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/ATOM/ICH9/X7SPE.cfm?typ=H&IPMI=Y
which looks like it covers what you want.

Chris