avahi-app port build fails on one system, not other

Marco Beishuizen mbeis at xs4all.nl
Fri Dec 17 23:44:04 UTC 2010

On Fri, 17 Dec 2010, Steven Friedrich wrote:

> I even tried portupgrade -fR avahi-app.
>
> Here's the last of the log:

> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libicui18n.so.38" not found, required by
> "libavahi-glib.so.1"

I'm having this too. I think this happens because the portupgrade of
devel/icu installs a new version of libicui18n (libicui18n.so.46) and
deletes the old one (so.38). Lots of ports still need the old version like
libavahi-app.

I'll try to make a symlink so.38 to so.46 and see what happens.

Regards,
Marco

--
"That's no answer," Job said, "And for someone who's supposed to be
omnipotent, let me tell you `tabernacle' has only one l."