Any work to update the RealTek Drivers?
freebsd at penx.com
Sun Dec 5 18:40:48 UTC 2010
Is there any work going on with the RealTek drivers? The RealTek devices I
am using support a 9k MTU but the code limits the MTU to the default. Over
gigabit, a larger MTU is desirable.
Specifically, on one of several machines I am using:
re0: <RealTek 8168/8111 B/C/CP/D/DP/E PCIe Gigabit Ethernet> port
0xde00-0xdeff mem 0xfbcff000-0xfbcfffff,0xfbcf8000-0xfbcfbfff irq 16 at
device 0.0 on pci7
re1: <RealTek 8168/8111 B/C/CP/D/DP/E PCIe Gigabit Ethernet> port
0xce00-0xceff mem 0xfbaff000-0xfbafffff,0xfbaf8000-0xfbafbfff irq 17 at
device 0.0 on pci8
Trying to set the MTU:
btw# ifconfig re1 mtu 4096
ifconfig: ioctl (set mtu): Invalid argument
Looking at the source sys/dev/re/if_re.c
* Copyright (c) 1997, 1998-2003
* Bill Paul <wpaul at windriver.com>. All rights reserved.
sc->rl_flags |= RL_FLAG_PHYWAKE | RL_FLAG_PAR |
RL_FLAG_DESCV2 | RL_FLAG_MACSTAT | RL_FLAG_CMDSTOP |
* These controllers support jumbo frame but it seems
* that enabling it requires touching additional magic
* registers. Depending on MAC revisions some
* controllers need to disable checksum offload. So
* disable jumbo frame until I have better idea what
* it really requires to make it support.
* RTL8168C/CP : supports up to 6KB jumbo frame.
* RTL8111C/CP : supports up to 9KB jumbo frame.
sc->rl_flags |= RL_FLAG_NOJUMBO;
More information about the freebsd-questions