Build World fails on 7-stable with cvs sources

Fri Dec 3 00:30:56 UTC 2010

Greetings Mickael

I am now testing with the same sources tree on three different virtual
machines to see if it will fail. If it won't, then I will just have to
accept that one of the other poster's indications that it may be
hardware related, is the cause, and look at replacing that equipment. So
far, two of them are still running without error with the same sources
tree. (Just started the third on another system for good measure.)

I am running them on different host architectures as both a test of the
vm, and as a test to make sure that a clean install of 7.3-Release will
not fail upon building world on them.

On 11/28/2010 10:14 PM, Michael Eubanks wrote:
> Curious. What does your ``make'' command look like?
My make command is as follows:
make buildworld

I actually have the entire process built into a simple shell script
which runs the commands and throws their output to log files, and then
reports back to the central "updater" script with any errors at any
level of the process. Nothing fancy, because I forgot that it was their
about a month later when I didn't need to update anymore systems.

--

Respectfully,

Martes G Wigglesworth
M. G. Wigglesworth Holdings, LLC