How to connect a jail to the web ?

Rocky Borg rrborg at speakeasy.net
Wed Aug 11 20:05:08 UTC 2010

On 8/11/2010 8:35 AM, Brice ERRANDONEA wrote:
> I tried all of this without any result. But I won't give up.
>
> What I want is a jail with an Apache http server running inside. So, the jail
> must have a public IPv4 and access to the web.

I've been in the same boat as you and there isn't a lot of clear
documentation that works in all situations. After reading tons of stuff
on the subject I finally figured out what should work in almost every
situation. Rather than fit everything in an email I put together a HOWTO
on the freebsd forums. This should get you up and running quickly and if
you have any problems or questions don't hesitate to ask.