How to connect a jail to the web ?

Brice ERRANDONEA berrandonea at yahoo.fr
Tue Aug 10 11:15:09 UTC 2010

Hello,

I've just created my first FreeBSD jail in order to install a web server inside.
But I don't know how to connect it to the web. When I try pinging a http
website, it doesn't work. Of course, it works when I do it from outside the
jail.

Another problem, probably linked to the first one, I can't run rc within the
jail, even as the jail's root. It says : permission denied.

Here's how I built and started my jail. I had already run make buildworld when
upgrading to 8.1 release :

# mkdir /usr/prison
# cd /usr/src
# make installworld DESTDIR=/usr/prison
# make distribution DESTDIR=/usr/prison
# mount -t devfs devfs /usr/prison/dev
# jail -c path=/usr/prison host.hostname=ServeurWeb ip4.addr=192.1.1.1 persist
# jail /usr/prison ServeurWeb 192.1.1.1 csh

I guess this must be a very basic question but please help me.