Installation on HP Proliant via iLO -> "Error mounting /dev/acd0 on /dist"

Palle Girgensohn girgen at FreeBSD.org
Wed Apr 28 07:04:02 UTC 2010

The fix is to use options -> rescan devices in the installer. After that,
when selecting CDROM as media type, the installer lets you chose between
cd0 and acd0. Select the cd0 device instead of acd0 to use the virtual cd
drive.

I recon the problem occurs because of confusion between the physical cd
drive and the virtual ditto.

Cheers,
Palle