Questions about port revision numbers, portsnap, csup

Joe Auty joe at netmusician.org
Tue Apr 20 19:10:59 UTC 2010

Greg,

After applying the update (which I noticed was available immediately
after my last response to you, sorry about that!), everything is just
peachy now, or at least not causing the segfaults, thanks!

Not to sound unappreciative and purely in the spirit of being
constructive, I'd suggest a little more specificity as far as what a
"break" is on the commit history. This goofy title was created because
it didn't occur to me that the break fix committed on April 12 was only
for compilation. I would suggest specifying whether the break and the
fix is for compiling, or for the software to work properly
post-compilation. This would have saved me a little confusion and time.

Again, you kick ass, in no way do I want this to sound harshly critical,
I hope this can be taken as purely constructive :)

Thanks again for your help with this fix!