Questions about port revision numbers, portsnap, csup

Greg Larkin glarkin at FreeBSD.org
Tue Apr 20 18:58:33 UTC 2010

Joe Auty wrote:
> Greg Larkin wrote:
>> Joe Auty wrote:
>> commented

>>> I just did a search/replace of devel->www in Greg's patch...
>>> It downloaded the beta, but I have compile errors now. Isn't pcre
>>> supposed to be built into PHP 5.3 now?
>> /usr/ports/www/pecl-APC/work/APC-3.1.3p1/apc.c:43:
>> /usr/ports/www/pecl-APC/work/APC-3.1.3p1/apc.c:43:
>> Hi Joe,
>>
>> PCRE problems are very common after upgrading to 5.3.2.  ale@ added an
>> entry in /usr/ports/UPDATING that recommends uninstalling all
>> PHP-related ports and recompiling, IIRC.  That's the best way to clean
>> out all remnants of the php5-pcre port.
>>

> Yeah, I saw that notice and I've actually done this already... Perhaps I
> missed something, although why would the older version compile before
> applying this patch?

Hi Joe,

My apologies, I went down the wrong path while troubleshooting that
error message.  I later reproduced the same compiler error here and then
committed a fix for it.  If you refresh your ports tree again to get the
latest version of www/pecl-APC, you should be all set.  Let me know if
you run into any problems after that.

Thank you,
Greg
- --